Fire Riddles for Gamers
If your gamers encounter a situation involving fire, here are some fire riddles for them to solve to get through the obstacle.
1. What goes out in the rain?
2. What dies when it drinks water?
3. I live off myself and when I am finished I will die. What am I?
4. Guess a riddle now you must:
Stone is fire, and fire is dust,
Black is red, and red is white-
Come and view the wondrous sight.
5. You enter a room with only one match in hand, and you see a fireplace, an oil lamp and a candle. What do you light first?
6. Golden treasures I contain, guarded by hundreds and thousands. Stored in a labyrinth where no man walks, yet men come often to seize my gold. By smoke I am overcome and robbed, then left to build my treasure anew. What am I?
7. Little Nancy Etticoat
In a white petticoat
and a red nose
The longer she stands
The shorter she grows
8. My life can be measured in hours;
I serve by being devoured.
Thin, I am quick; fat, I am slow.
Wind is my foe.
What am I?
9. A father gave each of his sons only 3 coins and told them whoever filled the living room the fullest would get his fortune. The first son bought straw and filled it a quarter way full. The second son bought sticks and filled it halfway. The third son only bought two things, but got the fortune. What did he buy?
10. The loftiest cedars I can eat,
Yet neither paunch nor mouth have I,
I storm whene'er you give me meat,
Whene'er you give me drink I die.
(classic Arabic Riddle)
3. A candle
6. The Match
7. A candle
8. A candle
9. The son bought a matchbook and a candle - he filled the room with light.
Role Playing Riddles and Puzzles
Role Playing Tips and Information Main Page